This exercise is suitable for a New Year’s exercise or
any other transition from one season to the next.
Reflect on the past season of your life (could be last year, tenure in a certain position or company, the beginning of a
new relationship or moving from one city to another) and:
1. List all of the breakthroughs you had during that season, all of your major accomplishments.
2. List all of the disappointments, missed opportunities and regrets.
Reflect on all of the lessons you’ve learned. Choose 3-7 of the most important lessons that you want to take with
you. Some examples may be:
• I learned that I need to spend more time journaling.
• I learned to eat healthier.
• I learned that I have unrealistic expectations of myself as
as a manager.
• I learned to say no.
Write a list of all of the things you wish to accomplish in the upcoming year.
What do you want to learn?
How do you want to challenge yourself?
In what areas do you wish to develop?
Look at all of the areas of your life (career, family, significant other, friends, spiritual, personal development, fun and
recreation, finances, community and health). Is there an area that you want to breakthrough?
What connections are you making from all the above?
What actions will you take to move forward?
Created by Jenn Peppers of Verge Coaching, used with permission by WayPoint Coaching Community